Today marks 100 days since the declaration of the result of the Willoughby by-election.
The trust that the people of Willoughby placed in me to represent and serve the interests of our local community is humbling. Every day has been used to advocate for policy and action to improve the lives of all local people.
Thank you to everyone who has given me their feedback and ideas over the last few months. My door will always be open.
Here are just a few highlights of the last 100 days:
- The topping out of the Chatswood Public School upgrade, a vital investment in the education of our future generations, was a significant milestone. I’ve promised two new much needed schools in Willoughby - at Chatswood and Gore Hill - as well as delivered funding for improvements to existing schools.
- I’ve consulted widely on the tunnels to address the community’s concerns, called for updated traffic modelling and advocated a better way forward for Willoughby. The restoration of green space is assured and my vision is to markedly lift open and green space in the area.
- The Crows Nest Metro site, a brand new metro station connecting to Australia’s largest public transport project, will transform lives and businesses in the electorate. This investment in our area is on track to open in two years.
- Our local first responders are deeply appreciated and I have committed to advocating for their needs including a major upgrade to Willoughby Fire Station.
- As Chair of the Transport and Infrastructure Committee, I have commenced an Inquiry into Emissions Free Public Transport - an important step forward for our state’s system.
- Improving local bus services is a priority I am actively pursuing with the minister, agency and providers.
- I’ve stood up to save the Young Street Plaza at Neutral Bay, a source of precious open space for our community. I visited the Holtermann Street Park with the Premier where the government is delivering millions to turn a car park into a park. And I’m working with Council to improve the Bellambi Street Plaza proposal and engaged on the Artarmon Village Masterplan to ensure our local spaces are inviting, open and engaging.
- Supporting small business to recover post-COVID, to invest locally and employ more people across Willoughby is so important. I’ve joined a local chamber of commerce, opened new businesses and supported those needing help.
- And I’ve supported a range of arts, culture, sporting, church, charity and community groups with small grants to boost their contributions to our community.
There’s more to do and deliver for the people of Willoughby!
I’ll keep working hard every day to serve our community.